Friday, June 13, 2008

My Expectations

I am into the last week of one month notice period in the office. I am itching to get into IIM Lucknow and begin the most important phase of my life. I feel like a batsman padded up and waiting for the play to start.

If I look back at last few years of my life, I feel the four years of engineering in NSIT was a big let down. I could have learned a lot more but squandered the opportunity. Why did it happen? One reason as I see now is that I was not clear of my objectives. Mine was a journey without a destination and a clear sense of purpose. No wonder, I covered great distance but displacement was paltry.

Wise men never repeat the mistakes. So I have decided to put in writing what I expect from this course. It would serve as a template, a reference which would guide the route I choose in this momentous journey. Let this be the light that leads my way…

My expectations are:

1. Good understanding of all functional areas of management.
2. A structured thinking process. The ability to define a problem out of thin air.
3. To further refine my thought process
4. To discover new facets of my personality
5. A network of great individuals to march with in the professional life.
6. Buddies for life. NSIT introduced me to some people whom I respect a lot. I hope IIML gives me a larger number.
7. The confidence to do anything.
8. Time management
9. To prepare me for battles in corporate life. I should never quit because of inability.

2 comments:

Aditya said...

Noticed your comment on my blog and thought that I must pay a visit to your blog as well. I was surprised and sad to see that you don't blog anymore. I think you should get back to blogging, if time permits.

And yeah, thanks for your comment on my blog. :-)

Aditya said...

The stupid thing lets me sign in only using my blogger account. However, I will not be using that any more. Not as my primary blog, at least. So please do visit my wordpress one alone. Same name as the blogger one, just replace "blogspot" with "wordpress." Thanks! :-)